jimbellproject.org is looking for volunteers

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Tue Oct 17 11:09:57 PDT 2017

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 03:16:16PM -0200, Cecilia Tanaka wrote:
> On Oct 16, 2017 10:24, "\0xDynamite" <dreamingforward at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> (That's how wiki works if you don't know -- you're encouraged to change it
> towards better info.  My ability to
> edit may be limited though as they've banned me on a hacker site for
> providing activist, engineering, and political info -- apparently they
> don't know that being a true hacker is a POLITICAL ACT, but hey maybe
> they're just high-schoolers.)
>

> You were banned for only 3 (three) days, Mark.  And it occurred after the
> biggest of your overreactions, full of offenses and curses to all the
> members of the list.  :P
>
> Please, consider to begin and use your own repository, dear.  I am also
> thinking about beginning a small repository of Sci-Fi books, movies and
> comics. I loved when Mirimir, John and others here had discussions about
> Sci-Fi.

Zachary Mason's "Void Star" was a kick (there's a programming joke in
the name of that book). And Mirimir's recommendation of Joe Abercrombies
First Law trilogy has been fucking bloody and great, so far.. And I'm
finally getting around to reading a bunch of samurai manga I bought over
the last year - the Vagabond series, and New Lone Wolf and Cub.
They finally started printing the stuff so it reads right to left,
like in the original Japanese, which can be a little disconcerting
at first .. ;)