japanese was - Re: jimbellproject.org is looking for volunteers

Cecilia Tanaka cecilia.tanaka at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 21:21:21 PDT 2017

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 4:21 AM, juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:

<SNIP>

>> I was searching a little bit and talked with two friends who made
>> their post-doctorship in Tokyo.  Well, you are correct:  "Kutabare"
>> means "fall dead!"
>
>         Oh I just looked it up in the dictionary =P

Your dictionary is better than mine...  :P

>> and "Shine"  (pronounce: something like "sheene")
>
>         ah yes, that one is common in anime =P
>
>         re :    kanji for kuso is 糞

Oops, I was asking the kanji for "kutabare" because I thought its
meaning was "fuck you", sorry!

>         and here's some vocabulary =P
>
>         糞を食らえ -  くそをくらえ - kuso o kurae - eat shit!

Oh, pure poetry!  ;D

>         糞女 くそおんな - kuso onna - shitty woman
>         糞男 くそおとこ - kuso otoko - shitty man
>
>         ------
>
>         豆腐の角に頭をぶつけて死ね : literally "bash your head against
>         the corner of a block of tofu and die"
>
>         Found this one too ナポリをみてしね : literally "See Naples and
>         die"  - not sure what the hell is supposed to mean tho....

I think they wanted to say "Do not die without seeing Naples before.",
"Only die after seeing Naples".

There is another outdated bad word here.  We still use "joro" to say
"bitch" and it isn't used in Japan anymore.  Please, do you know
another updated bad word to say it in an offensive way?

Thank you for helping me with nihongo lessons, Juan.  I trust more in
your searches than Google's ones, hihi...  :)