"CO2 close to lowest levels ever for our planet"

Steve Kinney admin at pilobilus.net
Wed Oct 18 16:50:02 PDT 2017

On 10/18/2017 02:02 AM, juan wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 23:46:31 -0400
> Steve Kinney <admin at pilobilus.net> wrote:

>> The good news:  Anarchists, rejoice!  The survivors will have nothing
>> to lose but their chains!
>

> 	I certainly would welcome a disaster that seriously crippled
> 	the industrial-fascist system. But I'm not realy holding my
> 	breath.
>
> 	I don't think the pseudo-scientific apocalyptic 'narrative' is
> 	true. But again, assuming for argument's sake that it is, what
> 	can then easily happen is that the survivors will be the most
> 	corrupt and vicious members of the species. You know, natural
> 	selection...The people who have more resources, the people who
> 	control the system, are the ones who are more likely to
> 	survive.

No.  In the event of a global collapse of industrial economies and heavy
industry itself, the people who "control the system" LOSE their
ecological niche in the power structure of human affairs.

Sure, they will be able to exercise their power /during/ the collapse to
hoard food and trade goods, and will field private armies under whatever
banner of Good Old Days authority suits their fancy.  But their reach
will be very limited and they will face a few little problems:  Raiding
by other ex-rulers, attrition from insurrections and desertions, and of
course, a few little problems from independent gangs of peasants who
don't appreciate it when the little they have is threatened by gangs
employed by their ex-rulers.

Natural selection favors cooperation and coordinated activity.  The more
self contained and committed to mutual defense a given community is, the
safer it will be from raiders and the better able to convert to fully
localized industry for production of food, water, electricity,
communications, medical care, etc.

>> The mega-State and massively concentrated
>> wealth and power making anything like self rule or an even break
>> impossible are on the way out.
>
> 	Seems to me that the only way to get rid of wealth and power
> 	concentration is to start smashing cops heads. Natural
> 	disasters won't smash cops heads.

I see you are still fully controlled by your Fascist Pig masters, who
have programmed you to self-destruct in the event that you reach the end
of your usefulness to them.  I'm sure your absolute loyalty and
obedience will be appreciated - amid laughter - and rewarded with a
bullet or two.

They often serve best and most faithfully, who rebel as they are told.

:o)