"CO2 close to lowest levels ever for our planet"

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Wed Oct 18 01:27:47 PDT 2017

> On Oct 18, 2017, at 2:02 AM, juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:
>    can then easily happen is that the survivors will be the most
>    corrupt and vicious members of the
> species. You know, natural
>    selection...The people who have more resources, the people who
>    control the system, are the ones who are more likely to
>    survive.

This has always been my feeling TBH.
The ultra wealthy who have wisely diversified
holdings, and the ultra vicious thugs they
employee, seem to be the natural winners
in this kind of massive doomsday scenario
(which I agree with Steve on - we've already
reached the tipping point, and the extremely
half hearted gestures being made are far too
little far too late)...

William Gibsons last book, The Peripheral, where
he finally returned to a future SF, had an event
called "the jackpot" that happened over a
period of 30-40 years in the late 21st century
which basically killed off 3/4 of humanity until
the lower population combined with scientific
advances got humanity going again..
I could see something like this happening.
And the ultra wealthy were big winners in this
scenario ;)

Still, some optimism every now and then is nice.