jimbellproject.org is looking for volunteers

Cecilia Tanaka cecilia.tanaka at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 21:08:24 PDT 2017

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 10:11 PM, juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 21:08:31 -0200, Cecilia Tanaka <cecilia.tanaka at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> -  Mommy, "fuck you" in Japanese is "kutabare" or is another word?  :P
>
>         Ah, I didn't know that one. Dictionary says :
>
>         くたばる : to kick the bucket, to drop dead, to die ...
>
>         So...kutabare literally means "die!"
>
>         Dictionary also has くたばり損ない  :   somebody who wouldn't
>         be missed if they died.

Juan, I love you and want you very, very alive, healthy and happy.  If
you die, who will I annoy, eh?  ;)

You know part of my personal history and how much I love books and
comics.  I have a few hundreds of both and usually donate books to
that small public library where I've spent a great part of my
childhood.  More or less 95% of physical books and comics are in my
parents' house, not here, in a small apartment.  I have only 3
dictionaries of Japanese and only one is with me now.  Unfortunately,
it's the Japanese-Japanese, with the first 939 basic "kanjis", uff...
Some of the ideograms use until 23 movements  (I paint them, not
exactly write them.  Not shodo, but has its beauty too.).  It's pretty
cute, but it isn't being useful now.  So, I will annoy you showing
another kanji and a lovely Nasa link to send your name to Mars, eeee!!
 I choose "yume" because it means "dream" and shows a boy thinking
about rockets.  Aww...  :)

#  https://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/participate/send-your-name/insight

#  https://imgur.com/a/dEfUE

Sorry, the pic is really bad, but I am tired and still feeling pain.
If I really hate you, I would wish you several medical exams in your
cerebrospinal fluid.  It hurts a lot and I am not exactly the luckiest
person in the world, so the anesthesia never works.  All the times,
the doctor mentions my "outdoor" (the hidden big tattoo) and we talk
about strange subjects to distract me, so I don't feel so much pain,
but I can't laugh or move during the procedure.

The cutest Japanese way to say "die!" is asking you to beat your head
against the corner of a "tofu"  (very soft soy cheese)  until you
die...  And "kutabare" means "fuck you" in my neighborhood.  I asked
my neighbors and now I want to discover the correct kanji to this
expression...  Shit (or "kuso", if you prefer), hiragana doesn't
count, Juan!  :P

Later, in another thread, I _do need_ to talk about the fabulous
samurai manga mentioned by John.  Love them, but you need to read the
old Lone Wolf And Cub.  It's extremely sad, heartbreaking, but very
beautiful and delicate.  And I am in love with Elizebeth Friedman,
wow!  And she was born on August, 26, wheee!!  ;D

Oyasuminasai, Juan-kun!  Good night, sweet dreams, dear all...  <3

PS:  - The sad history of my life...  https://youtu.be/oLt5qSm9U80  :((