Nobody Understands Cryptocurrency, And That's Ok

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 14:21:11 PDT 2017

On Mon, 16 Oct 2017 15:20:56 -0500
"\\0xDynamite" <dreamingforward at gmail.com> wrote:

> What bitcoin NEEDS TO DO is restrict itself to the Creative Economy

	why? and restricted by whom?

> (limit itself for purchase and exchange of purely informatic goods,
> like news, music, etc.)  and THEN see how bitcoin translates into
> physical "real-world" currency.  That is, it makes no sense to compare
> or exchange physical currency to bitcoin as bitcoin is not associated
> with actual real-world value

	what's that supposed to mean? Although bitcoin is not commodity
	money and so it doesn't have any value apart from being an
	accounting mechanism, bitcoin's virtual' value can be associated
	with anything....

> (like oil, metals -- things that have
> intrinsic value and hard to reproduce).

	...still you can use bitcoin to pay for those, just like you
	can use the even more worthless govt money. It's not an ideal
	situation but it kinda works...

> If bitcoin were to become THE only currency for informatic goods on
> the internet, exchanged predominantly *virtually*, then it doesn't
> matter the "exchange rate". because its value is entirely related to
> how people value the informatic goods online.  Perhaps someone will
> give 1000 bitcoin for song A,

	lol I thought we 'agreed' that there's no software theft cause
	there's no software property...so you don't need to pay shit
	for songs...

> while another will give 1 bitcoin -- the
> system will work to equalize and evaluate the virtual goods online.
>
> Here's how I solved this problem in the Pangaia system.  Give 1
> bitcoin for each vote given online for whatever 3rd party (not
> affiliated with bitcoin) website that allows you to express your
> opinion.
>
> UNDERSTAND THIS:
>
> Expressing your opinion is the ultimate unit of work in the virtual
> world.  Distribute bitcoins on this basis.  That devalues them, yes,
> but then you don't have to expend 100kW of energy to produce them,
> maybe call them nanobits.
>
> Then allow them to be traded freely as a neutral currency for the net.
> After this gets established, ONLY THEN can you really set a EXCHANGE
> RATE for bitcoin with physical dolllars -- because you've tied and
> anchored it to REAL WORLD VALUES.
>
> That's the only way to make it work.

	it's not even clear what problem you think you are solving....