Not assassination politics, but perhaps getting close?

Steve Kinney admin at pilobilus.net
Mon Oct 16 09:50:27 PDT 2017

On 10/16/2017 09:11 AM, Sandy Harris wrote:
> Reward of $10 million offered for info that will get Trump impeached:
> http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/flynt-offers-millions-dirt-on-trump-1.4355803

Schemes like this strike me as potentially worthwhile, but far from
"decisive factors" in the potential destinies of nations.  Problem is,
$10M is pocket change to the least of our real power players; in the
private sector they have it in petty cash lying around the office, in
the public sector the State picks up the tab on their recommendation.
None of them will surrender their power without putting up a fight.

The Poverty Mindset clouds our judgment because of cognitive bias:  We
can't imagine numbers bigger than we can imagine, without some kind of
concrete analogy for reference.  Like this one:

http://lcurve.org

George Carlin said, "It's one big club and you ain't in it."

Big in the sense of influence, but small in numbers:  According to an
article in Forbes a couple of years ago, 500 billionaires own about 1/2
the capital assets in the United States.  So in a country with about 370
million people, it takes about 3/4 million peasants to support one of
these billionaires.

I like those odds, until I factor in the massive inertia of the power
structure and the geophysical (not yet astronomical) scale of the
economic power in the hands of the very rich.