SETI / NSA: Life In The Quiet Zone, Breakthrough Prize / Listen, HW/SW Sponsor Ops

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 12:46:29 PDT 2017

On Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 7:40 AM, John Newman <jnn at synfin.org> wrote:
> Speaking strictly to SETI, and the Fermi paradox, I stumbled across a
> solution that I quite like, seems to make a lot of sense. I’ll just post the link -
> it’s rather long, but good
>
> https://www.nobeliefs.com/Fermi.htm

Someone here once linked out to a story where human
intelligience evolved to become the singularity / god of the
universe itself. Something like that. Anyone have that link?

As for getting off the rock, it's abundantly clear that:
- We must immediately adopt a fully cooperative net renewable
resources model, thus giving us the time to develop the tech
needed to survive elsewhere beyond the influence of this Sun.
- We must develop urgency of discarding governing on belief in
favor of science research pursuant to known odds that future
destruction events will happen, in particular cosmological,
up to and including extinction of this Sun, ie: ruin not of our
own creation due to beliefs, impure / incorrect science, etc.

AP would be very useful in convincing stubborn people,
occupying their thus by definition counterproductive and false
leadership positions based on belief, of the necessity of these
two things right now.

The only other rational path is to immediately suicide
yourself and go meet your god. So far it seems most
humans, evidently all 7+ billion of them, are unable to accept
those odds. So if they're going to hedge bets like that,
they might as well hedge harder, permanently skipping
all the belief bullshit, and truly reach for the stars.

All life depends on fusion, mobility to mitigate catastrophy,
and ability to manage net energy such that it doesn't go
below zero on timescales less than the universe itself [1].
If you don't have those and aren't willing to do what it takes
to get them, you're dead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun

[1] This is why fission is only a short term solution, you'll
expend your energy budget trying to fuel it from scarce
resources once you're beyond influence of Suns (free
continuous solar input to balance the budget, do mining,
etc).