minix - tannenbaum won!

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 10:16:02 PST 2017

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 12:19:45 -0500
John Newman <jnn at synfin.org> wrote:

> > 	also, the fact that motherfucking intel gets to 'save'
> > money by using free stuff isn't exactly good news either.
> >
> > 	last but not least, at some point it's quite ridiculous for
> > 	open source advocates to give weapons to their enemies.
>

> Minix is BSD-licensed, so anyone can take it and do what they will
> with it. I guess you're advocating for GPL only in open source stuff?
> I can see both sides of the argument...

	well it's a dilemma. I don't think 'intellectual property' is
	justified or enforceable at all. But that in turn means that
	good ideas can be used by all sorts of hardly-human scum.

	As to 'legal' licences in the american fascist, I mean,  'legal'
	system they are just bullshit written by lawyers. GPL relies on
	'copyright' doesn't it.