Public Money, Public Code.

Marina Brown catskillmarina at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 09:43:21 PST 2017

On 11/08/2017 01:08 AM, Cecilia Tanaka wrote:
> Public Money, Public Code.
>
> #  https://publiccode.eu
>
> Why is software created using taxpayers’ money not released as Free Software?
>
> We want legislation requiring that publicly financed software
> developed for the public sector be made publicly available under a
> Free and Open Source Software license. If it is public money, it
> should be public code as well.
>
> Code paid by the people should be available to the people!
>
> -------
> "Don't let anyone rob you of your imagination, your creativity, or
> your curiosity.  It's your place in the world; it's your life.  Go on
> and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live."  -
>  Mae Jemison

Here in Vermont the state actually has holes in their public records
laws to avoid releasing information about state used software.

When their health system was hacked i did a public records request and
they even refused to admitt that the site was run on Oracle forms - even
though that was publically in the website html.

Even worse they refused to release the results of their PEN testing.

So much for "progressive" and "transparent" Vermont.

--- Marina