About the list (was Re: [Trollbait] Deserving)

Cecilia Tanaka cecilia.tanaka at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 20:16:26 PST 2017

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 3:12 AM, Joseph Frazier <j0zffrazier at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm fairly new, and I became aware of this list because of block-chain tech,
> but I am a developer with a libertarian leaning philosophy. I've spent quite
> a lot of time in the subject of RnD on Cryptography with special emphasis in
> stenography. So I'm sure btc has not attracted all the wrong folks. Anyhow,
> the future has just begun and it might be just a tad too early to become
> fully jaded, but that's just my opinion. Figured I'd say hi :-) I'm curious
> as to what the different member's special interests are in regards to
> internet security. It would be good to hear about what people are working on
> or what they are interested in. -joe

==========

Hi, Joe!  Hope you are doing good and having an amazing Friday night!  :)

You probably get a really bad impression of this list.  It is
definitely not a "comfy heartwarming group", but don't be scared,
please.  There are amazing people here, I swear.  <3

There is no formal moderation on this list.  Please, always consider
that freedom and autonomy are key cypherpunk values.  Take in mind
that people should be able to use good sense and self-moderation.

In the last case, we always can use lots and lots of filters to avoid
trolls and their garbage in our inboxes.  I filter out what I don't
want.  Several others do the same.  I do not decide for others and I
want absolutely no one to decide for me.  :)

I strongly recommend you a moderated technical list for exchanging
impressions about some cryptography subjects:

#  The cryptography mailing list
#  cryptography at metzdowd.com

We have excellent security professionals and hackers of all colors of
hats here, but most of them are lurking, dreaming and waiting for the
return of the great old times of the CypherPunks list.  ;)

Please, stay if you think you can change the list and make it better, not for
the list itself, but for you, for other people.  You already have a
technical background and like to study.  You can share your knowledge
and will probably be contacted in public or private for others like
you.

There are lots of trolls here, like Zenaan Harkness, whose most erotic
fetish is saying "I should be raped again and killed this time", and
other sweet private and public e-mails, always using ridiculous fake
addresses, aff...  But there are really good and interesting, f_cking
awesome people here too.  A bit silent at the moment, I admit, but
they are still here, I swear.  :)

So, my dear Joe, you can go, if you think it will be better for you.
None of us can take this decision in your place, only you know your
necessities and your
limits.  In this case, wish you good luck and success.  Take care and
be very happy!  :)

In any case, you can choose read the messages in the list archive
only, picking the titles, without receiving all the messy messages.
If you need help, contact me in private.  I'm always late with my
personal messages  (the professional ones are updated, I swear!),  but
I will answer soon or later.  And you always can remember me if I
become too much late with answers, hahaha!!  ;D

Good night and sweet dreams, dear.  Take care.

Ceci
-------
"Don't let anyone rob you of your imagination, your creativity, or
your curiosity.  It's your place in the world; it's your life.  Go on
and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live."  -
 Mae Jemison