Stingray warrant

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Fri Nov 17 05:47:13 PST 2017

On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 09:46:55PM +0000, jim bell wrote:

> Judge rules NYPD needed a warrant before using cell-site simulator
> https://www.yahoo.com/newsroom/vibes/news/v-dd323ebb-416a-3b40-b6ef-7e9c677f40d2_c-645869bc-ed23-32cb-b67d-15f65e240573_a-645869bc-ed23-32cb-b67d-15f65e240573

Speaking of stingrays, does anyone on the list have any good resources
to point to on building a DIY "stingray-like" device using OpenBTS? For
research only, of course!

The last I recall, OpenBTS did not support 3G or above, and of course
has some fairly specific hardware requirements.. but I think there
are patches out there, maybe? I need to do some more current research
I suppose..

--
GPG fingerprint: 17FD 615A D20D AFE8 B3E4  C9D2 E324 20BE D47A 78C7