[OT] [Just For Fun] Conspiracy Theories

Steve Kinney admin at pilobilus.net
Wed Nov 8 15:47:11 PST 2017

On 11/08/2017 05:14 PM, Marina Brown wrote:
> On 11/07/2017 11:57 PM, Cecilia Tanaka wrote:
>> Conspiracy Theories, guys!  ;)
>>
>> http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/completelist/0,29569,1860871,00.htl
>>
>> My favorite one is "The Reptilian Elite", hahaha!!!  ;D

[...]

> Be carefull - some jamokes on this list might believe these theories !
>
> --- M

The Internet has given those of us who study Conspiracy Theory subjects
/enormous/ resources - in effect, a better reference library than could
be assembled in a decade at our fingertips nearly free of charge, along
with Yuge searchable archives of primary source materials and
scientific/technical references.

But alas:  The Internet gives the folks who grind out disinformation for
the Conspiracy Beliefs market, including both independent operators and
subsidized shops like Infowars, a massive new audience of gullible
suckers.

Those suckers are really just normal people who are desperate to make
sense of the world around them but don't have any relevant information
or a clue where to start.  In today's market, what I call real
Conspiracy Theory has to compete for eyeballs with Conspiracy Belief
narratives that present e-z explanations and promise quick fix solutions
to intolerable large scale problems ("just tell us who to hate and
kill").  Once a person becomes a motivated True Believer, it usually
sticks for a lifetime.

:o/