For Your Eyes Only...

Cecilia Tanaka cecilia.tanaka at gmail.com
Wed May 24 19:33:48 PDT 2017

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 9:44 PM, Razer <g2s at riseup.net> wrote:

> Ps. I wouldn't suppose a single one of you has ever actually read one of
> Fleming's books.

Hey, grumpy boy!  I read them when I was a kid and I can prove it.
The books are still in my parents' house and I think they have a pic
of me with their books.  My parents do love 007 and I grew up
listening to all the soundtracks and watching all the movies with
them.  When I was a kid, I wanted to be an astronaut, a scientist, a
painter, a builder, a teacher, a doctor, and the future spy 009.  I
wanted all the James Bond's weapons, amazing equipments, and fabulous
cars, so I decided to study to be like him and read some Fleming's
books.  I didn't understand very much about the books  (cof cof,
almost nothing, cof cof!),  but noticed they were _not_ good manuals
to a future 6 or 7 years old spy.  :P

I wanted to be the number 009 because of the 'manga'  (Japanese
comics): "Cyborg 009"  (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyborg_009).
It's was much older than me and I read only some chapters in my now
deceased uncle's house, but it revolted me a lot.  It was desperately
sad to imagine an organization destroying lives, killing people in
search of the perfect cyborg.  Eight people hurt, eight lives
destroyed in experiences to gain powers and abilities, knew only for
numbers, not anymore for their names, with no freedom, only orders...
but the Cyborg 009 was perfect, so the organization could use him to
be the perfect killer.  Fortunately, he kept his moral conscience and
run away, trying to escape this destiny.

Hmm...  I need to discover what happened with all those poor cyborgs,
their adventures, memories, and traumas.  And I need to read Fleming
again, now as an adult.  Fortunately, now I understand why the girls
like James Bond so much...  Charming guys are pretty dangerous!  :P