Torrenting The Darknets

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun May 21 21:59:45 PDT 2017

On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 07:07:40PM -0400, grarpamp wrote:
> https://yro.slashdot.org/story/17/05/17/1830228/popular-torrent-site-extratorrent-permanently-shuts-down
> https://torrentfreak.com/extratorrent-shuts-down-for-good-170517/
>
> ExtraTorrent is the latest in a series of BitTorrent giants to fall in
> recent months. Previously, sites including KickassTorrents,
> Torrentz.eu, TorrentHound and What.cd went offline.
> Clearnet = Fail.

Ah, grarpamp, the sweet smell of vindication :)

"But oh" say the Tor shills "you'll crash the network" it's just so
sad since "you know, there's no way to properly give back to the
network since the network is [WE WANT IT TO BE] so centralised it'll
increase our processing load to decloak those nasty, nasty Wikileaks
perps we keep chasing".

And besides, as we all know, Tor is the only partial anonymity
network in existing, "so we all gotta protect it reall good like,
make sure we don't degrade any of the high speed central nodes the
CIA/NSA runs, and my god, especially the directory nodes now that
that bloody trouble maker Applebaum is gone - finally we don't have
someone who actually believes the free in 'freedom of speech' to mess
up our little play pen".