"All fossil-fuel vehicles will vanish in 8 years..."

Steven Schear schear.steve at gmail.com
Thu May 18 09:44:57 PDT 2017

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 9:05 AM, Razer <g2s at riseup.net> wrote:

> On 05/18/2017 08:56 AM, Steven Schear wrote:
> > With the maturation of additive manufacture (for more structural
> > plastics and metals using laser sintering and electron beam melting)
> > parts for autos (and other appliances) will become practical and
> > economic.
>
> Yeah, and absolutely non-recyclable ... from the HUGE TOXIC BATTERIES to

You obviously ignored my mention of Sodium replacing toxic Lithium

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/07/opinion/sunday/to-be-a-genius-think-like-a-94-year-old.html

This guy, who co-invented the Lithium-Ion battery, is again re-inventing
the field.

the ALLOY METALS AND COMPOSITE PLASTICS that these shiny pieces of JUNK
> are made from, unlike my Travelall that became a 2 ton cube of reusable
> steel.

You also ignored my mention of additive metal metal manufacture (was a
topic thread here a year or so back) which is already maturing and
routinely used to create medical implants and for aerospace. if you have
$500k - $750 you can have one delivered to your business and installed. The
metal from these "printers" can deliver parts with up to 90%+ of the grain
structure and strength of those machined from "bar stock".

If enough people demand cars made primarily from steel and aluminum they
will undoubtedly be provided.

Newer additive plastic printers can fabricate using plastics that are
largely recyclable and environmentally friendly.