Fwd: [Webinar] Decrypting the WannaCry ransomware: Why is it happening and (how) is it going to end?

Cecilia Tanaka cecilia.tanaka at gmail.com
Wed May 17 12:43:06 PDT 2017

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 4:27 PM, Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:
> On 05/17/2017 08:15 AM, Cecilia Tanaka wrote:
>> On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 4:02 PM, Steven Schear <schear.steve at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Any bets on whether ending cryptocurrency (esp. bitcoin) privacy &
>>> fungibility will be near the top of the discussions?
>>
>> Sorry, Steven, I don't know, but already asked them.  Sincerely hope so.
>
> You _hope so_?
>
> Seriously?
>
> That's a horrible idea.

I said " I hope so" because it's important discussing these subjects
too.  The privacy is being attacked in the whole world, unfortunately.
:(

Hmm...  Did I understand wrongly Steven's question, Mirimir?  Remember
my English is pretty limited yet and I don't want to attack the
privacy, only to discuss it.  :P