Did m$ released patch for unsupported windozes after Wannacry hit?

Georgi Guninski guninski at guninski.com
Tue May 16 02:03:15 PDT 2017

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 05:00:01PM +0100, Ben Tasker wrote:
> > That's what I've read. Microsoft provided patches in March for nominally
> > unsupported Windows versions with custom support contracts. The NHS, for
> > example, had dropped its XP support contract in ~2014. Cheap bastards ;)
> >

> To be fair, it wasn't the NHS that dropped that contract, it was the Tory
> Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt. The NHS actually made a bit of noise about
> just how stupid it was at the time.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/05/16/microsoft_stockpiling_flaws_too/
Money talks

Custom support is a big earner: Microsoft charged Britain's National
Health Service $200 per desktop for year one, $400 for year two and $800
for a third year as part of its contract. UK Health Secretary Jeremy
Hunt cancelled the contract after a year as a cost-saving measure.