What is the value of the State?

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Fri May 5 23:32:47 PDT 2017

> On May 6, 2017, at 12:08 AM, juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 5 May 2017 18:34:58 -0400
> Steve Kinney <admin at pilobilus.net> wrote:

>>> On 05/05/2017 03:24 PM, juan wrote:

>>> Well, the global-warming end-of-the-world scenario is just state
>>> propaganda. And notice that *global* warming requires a *global*
>>> solution, like, say, 'monitoring' and controlling the 'carbon
>>> footprint' of every individual. Pretty convenient, the world is
>>> saved and the whole world's population gets fully domesticated.
>>
>> So in short, you are telling us you don't know anything about
>> geophysics and don't need to find out:
>
>    I think I know more about physics and its manipulation by state
>    mafias than you do.i ii

What's your evidence that anthropogenic climate change is a massive hoax? I know we've been through this before and I don't want another flame fest.... I'm genuinely curious.

I ask because I've had some long conversations with people much smarter than myself whose area of research involves this, and the basic premise seems pretty simple and well established. Debating the nitty gritty details of how quickly we are warming the planet with carbon emissions and what exactly the effect is and will continue to be, on weather patterns, the oceans, permafrost,  etc etc - discussing this can obviously be done...

It's not like anyone (the nation states of the world) is particularly doing anything to really fight the effect, except for very token gestures. In other words, if it's a massive hoax perpetuated by scientists all over the world, they and the various institutions they represent aren't really getting anything from said hoax.