What is the value of the State?

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Tue May 2 17:40:49 PDT 2017

On Mon, May 01, 2017 at 01:41:16PM +0000, \0xDynamite wrote:
> >> How does anarchy provide the high-level of organization needed to
> >> produce a car?
> >
> > Humans have this funny habit of organising themselves, through
> > conversation into action, to meet actual needs or desires. "Social
> > animals" and all..
> >
> > Seriously, the problem is not, has never been and never will be, lack
> > of self-interest motivation to create trinkets and "wealth", sadly.
>
> Yet, they haven't "self-organized" to come together and FIX the
> problem in their own self-interest, have they?  So there either is an
> error in the analysis or there is some EXISTENTIALLY OTHER force that
> prevents it that is not of this world --otherwise they would come
> together and knock it down.  But because of it's other-dimensional
> nature, it is completley "invisibile" to them or unfamiliar, and don't
> know how to approach the problem.

Yes - notwithstanding ones preferred conception of the problem, or
the source of the problem, what's an approach to tackling that which
we struggle to put into words and apparently affects "most people"?

For starters, can we identify attributes/experiences on a personal
level which verify or point to, this problem? I'm thinking confront -
when one is intercepted by police for something trivial like driving
9km/hr over "the speed limit", and one decides to boldly speak to
said police and firmly put them in their immoral place (in the
conversation that is) - one can tend to experience certain
physiological twitches, gut-based electricity flows, and or a mild
heat rising through the spine.

This, and an endless litany of examples I'm sure you could come up
with, is adequately described by the term "confront".

So when the individual is confronted, something is "going down" to
use a colloquialism.

Confront is therefore an actual identifier for "many things that
could take books to describe".

But, rather than spend books so describing and dissecting, can we
take this confront, and do something useful with it?

The journey of life, one's 'choices' and pathway through life are a
very personal thing of course, but we have a fundamental collective
problem:

  Most people want to not confront the bully, and are not aware
  that a little bit of individual action, done by many at a
  collective level, can shift "the problems instituted by our system/
  The State etc" in very good ways.

  And as a side benefit, walking head first (but calmly) into those
  little confronts where really, truth ought be spoken to power,
  often leads to really enjoyable electrical flows and sensations in
  the body which may commonly be associated with the words happiness,
  joy, satisfaction and a deep and abiding peace and comfort.

In this time of the bully running rampant (police, taxation, forced
medical procedures, courts/legal bullying, etc) the opportunities for
personal growth and personal discovery are truly abundant.

:)