What is the value of the State?

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Tue May 2 17:46:48 PDT 2017

On Tue, May 02, 2017 at 03:50:51PM -0500, \0xDynamite wrote:
> That's some good bit o' history.  I was really referring to the level
> of existing order needed to create *more* levels of order.

E.g "create tech to fly to Mars" and stuff?

> I don't
> think it's possible to argue with that.

Humans have no problems organising themselves to create technology.
Never have.

But can humans organise themselves to stop collectively dominating
the individual when the individuals harms no one else and damages no
property?

History tells us the answer to this question is generally "no, humans
will almost always collectively blame externals for any and every
perceived problem".