who are the right people?

Jason McVetta jason.mcvetta at gmail.com
Mon May 1 21:49:20 PDT 2017

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 5:21 AM, Ryan Carboni <ryacko at gmail.com> wrote:

> keep in mind, just how many computers run Intel. We don't backdoor
> encryption. We backdoor everything.

The back door is a *feature*, not a bug, right?

For instance, this company is quite proud of their back door technology,
and are openly selling access to it:  https://www.absolute.com/en/
about/persistence

*Persistence is the only technology that keeps you in complete command with
> a self-healing, two-way connection to any endpoint or application — even if
> they are off the network. It’s a fundamentally new approach to security,
> leveraging our privileged position embedded in the firmware of billions of
> endpoints.*

According to their knowledgeable and courteous salesman, whom I once
chanced to meet, use cases for the back door include locating and
recovering stolen corporate laptops.