Leaked Dox Reveal Counterterror Tactics Used at Standing Rock #NoDAPL

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Sun May 28 18:54:49 PDT 2017

Energy Transfer Partners (#DAPL) hired a military intelligence/mercenary
outfit (TigerSwan) which wrote a report for them comparing
Anti-Pipeline-activist operation to Afghanistan battlefield intel ops,
activist actions as an "Insurgency", and the activists... "Jihadists".

> Internal TigerSwan communications describe the movement as “an
> ideologically driven insurgency with a strong religious component” and
> compare the anti-pipeline water protectors to jihadist fighters. One
> report, dated February 27, 2017, states that since the movement
> “generally followed the jihadist insurgency model while active, we can
> expect the individuals who fought for and supported it to follow a
> post-insurgency model after its collapse.” Drawing comparisons with
> post-Soviet Afghanistan, the report warns, “While we can expect to see
> the continued spread of the anti-DAPL diaspora … aggressive
> intelligence preparation of the battlefield and active coordination
> between intelligence and security elements are now a proven method of
> defeating pipeline insurgencies.”
>
> More than 100 internal documents leaked to The Intercept by a
> TigerSwan contractor, as well as a set of over 1,000 documents
> obtained via public records requests, reveal that TigerSwan
> spearheaded a multifaceted private security operation characterized by
> sweeping and invasive surveillance of protesters.

In Full:
https://theintercept.com/2017/05/27/leaked-documents-reveal-security-firms-counterterrorism-tactics-at-standing-rock-to-defeat-pipeline-insurgencies/