[Cryptography] "Post-quantum RSA"

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu May 25 21:47:29 PDT 2017

> IBM Q has successfully built and tested two of its most powerful
> universal quantum computing processors to date

> With a hint of progress
> the big TLA agencies will be digging into their checkbooks.

> I have not seen an industry that can clearly
> profit from quantum machines
> but that may a lack of imagination on my part.

At a minimum of industries, if none other, you just said it clearly above...
the surveillance, anti privacy, datamining, hegemony interests
over everything everyone, etc...

http://www.visualcapitalist.com/death-taxes-2015-visual-guide-tax-dollars-go/
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/national/black-budget/

$25B+ to decrypt and solve everything... no problem, drop in the bucket,
straight out of your wallet, and not particularly to benefit you,
beyond whatever's already been spent secretly to date
on "breakthroughs", by say US/UK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gross_domestic_product#Lists_of_countries_by_their_GDP
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_budget
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_Agency#Power_consumption