[OT] [songs] "I Was A Teenage Anarchist" + "True Trans Soul Rebel" - both by "Against Me!"

Cecilia Tanaka cecilia.tanaka at gmail.com
Tue May 23 18:05:12 PDT 2017

"I Was A Teenage Anarchist" -  "Against Me!"

https://youtu.be/c7RUeMCZL3Q

I was a teenage anarchist, looking for a revolution.
I had the style, I had the ambition.
I read all the authors, I knew the right slogans.
There was no war but the class war.
I was ready to set the world on fire.
I was a teenage anarchist, looking for a revolution.

Do you remember when you were young and you wanted to set the world on fire?

I was a teenage anarchist, but the politics were too convenient.
In the depths of their humanity all I saw was bloodless ideology.
And with freedom as the doctrine, guess who was the new authority?
I was a teenage anarchist, but the politics were too convenient.

Do you remember when you were young and you wanted to set the world on fire?

I was a teenage anarchist, but then the scene got too rigid.
It was a mob mentality, they set their rifle sights on me.
Narrow visions of autonomy, you want me to surrender my identity.
I was a teenage anarchist, the revolution was a lie.

Do you remember when you were young and you wanted to set the world on fire?

I was a teenage anarchist.

==========

"True Trans Soul Rebel" -  "Against Me!"

https://youtu.be/k1wj6oWQ3wg

All dressed up and nowhere to go
Walking the streets all alone
Another night to wish you could forget
Making yourself up as you go along

Who's gonna take you home tonight?
Who's gonna take you home?
Who's gonna take you home tonight?
Who's gonna take you home?
Does god bless your transsexual heart?
True Trans Soul Rebel

Yet to be born, you're already dead
You sleep with a gun beside you in bed
You follow it through to the obvious end
Slit your veins wide open
You bleed it out

Who's gonna take you home tonight?
Who's gonna take you home?
Who's gonna take you home tonight?
Who's gonna take you home?
Does god bless your transsexual heart?
True Trans Soul Rebel

You should've been a mother
You should've been a wife
You should've been gone from here years ago
You should be living a different life

Who's gonna take you home tonight?
Who's gonna take you home?
Who's gonna take you home tonight?