Torrenting The Darknets

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun May 21 14:22:17 PDT 2017

> Mojo was being developed contemporanously with Freenet and shares some of
> its distributed features. It was sort of like Freenet + a resource based
> currency.

True.

> You do not want a filesharing system as it removes any hope of
> plausible deniability for content.

Huh?

If it's encrypted and anonymous it's deniable by all, and even billed
for "filesharing" is fine, at least currently, due to legal free speech
uses riding within. Though if you bill it for "illegal copyright infringement',
you yourself might take heat for "incitement", but the network itself would
still be safe. Such network nodes themselves, like I2P / Tor / Freenet,
operate freely because of that principle, and it's been proven out
successfully so far for maybe 15-20 years. Strongly encrypted + strongly
anonymous + decentralized works in this space. Unfortunately, few qualify...

Napster, gnutella, limewire, kazaa, bittorrent, whatever... when run over
clearnet... of course they all get shutdown. Due to some combination
of centralized, not encrypted, not anonymous.... no deniability there.

Wikipedia is a bit scattered, but here's some references.......
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_P2P