Torrenting The Darknets

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat May 20 17:42:01 PDT 2017

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 10:49 AM, Razer <g2s at riseup.net> wrote:
>> Indie films on darknets mate.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_President's_Analyst
> http://torrentking.eu/movie-1967/the-president-s-analyst-torrents/
> http://www.demonoid.click/files/details/3552579/
> http://www.demonoid.click/files/download/3552579/
> udp://inferno.demonoid.pw:3391/announce

> I never had much luck uploading torrents myself.

A functional darknet "torrent" system would have at least
just one "tracker"... the darknet internal DHT itself.
You'd publish the InfoHash to whatever darknet indexes you like.
In this case,
the "infohash" is 33fc6b8baa0d74e0c0c96d33a29d11dbbce9edc1
and the "index" for at least this message is the cpunks list,
while someone might "seed" it on I2P.... I2PSnark, I2PRufus,
I2P-Transmission... which utilize certain backend "trackers"
mechanisms not necessarily all distributed yet.

But there still desperately needs to be a distributed storage layer
that long term automagically backs up the explicit "seeders"
which tend to be volatile. At which point the original "OP seeder's"
best role is then to just inserting into the storage layer and
walking away.
"Elective non OP seeders of specific torrent sets" such as with
all torrents in Vuze / Transmission seed list, needs to transition
to offering darknet storage blocks for all insertions that may happen.