elastic tabstops

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu May 18 18:00:54 PDT 2017

Hi Nick,

I kinda get that the future awaits and all the sins of past TUIs
shall be forgiven:
http://nickgravgaard.com/elastic-tabstops/

but I think you're pushing the metaphorical heap of cow dung uphill
to change the "standard behaviour of tab stops".

However, Unicode is large and fullsome of characters, private code
planes and future possibilities, and so a new ELASTIC_TAB character
is perhaps the way to truly solve this existential crisis which all
programmers and markdown authors face.

This way, the new super tab shall be semantically unified within
itself, and not compromised by existing expectations and semantics,
which is probably critically foundational to getting wide support for
elastic tabs.

Time for someone to talk to someone from Unicode...

Regards,
Zenaan