"All fossil-fuel vehicles will vanish in 8 years..."

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Thu May 18 08:05:22 PDT 2017

On 05/18/2017 12:27 AM, grarpamp wrote:
> Can't abandon current average lifespan of most recently sold
> gasoline vehicle, so definitely not 8 years, more like 25.

In the US, after 10 years you can no longer get many parts for you car
from the dealer. They intentionally obsolete them, ostensibly to get
allegedly 'cleaner ones' on the road, but really, force-obsoleting cars
after 10 years instead of having ones that could run indefinitely (My IH
Travelall had 40 years on it when I passed it on) is the ONLY THING that
keeps the auto industry from 'vanishing from the pages of time'.

> By then electrics will be production full force all makes.
> Tesla realy only legit one now, and still figuring itself out.
> Though in 5 years it may actually be economically stupid
> to not buy an electric.

In five years it will be infeasible for most Americans to afford a car
at all. Most people are buying them on TEN YEAR LOANS already, and...
"US households owe record amount, topping pre-recession peak"

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/national-politics/article150998132.html

Say goodbye to owning ANYTHING new... soon.

>> Cities will ban human drivers

Cities will be unlivable thanks to all the coal burned to power your
'lectric car. Maybe you never lived in a city back in the day when coal
was the main source of power. I did. Enjoy breathing soot cunt. People
used to collect it up and go to their local Consolidated Edison (NYC's
power co) offices and dump it on their carpets.

> Humans would have to learn automated intersection
> speed / slotting... cities will be pushing for to eliminate
> that congestion.
>> Quite likely self-driving cars will be a red herring to massively chip away at personal liberties.
>> http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-01/it-wont-be-jetsons
>> People would be 'free' to move along whatever route
>>        google 'chooses' for them,
>> govt's vs subversives
> Yes, Complete and Total Privacy and Control State Nightmare.
> Huge issue here. Especially the rental / leased / pay per use model.
> Expect car hacking for freedom runs, battery meet stator
> and rotor, ftw ;) Electric torque exists to burn rubber.
>
>> like "Four Corners" Arizona, but it still destroys the earth.
> Well are sunbleached arid deserts moot biosphere, and
> effective to atmospherics? When you soak them solars up?

I don't support ANY CENTRALIZED POWER SOURCING. Decentralization IS the
key to saving the planet, and our survival.

Rr