Fwd: [Webinar] Decrypting the WannaCry ransomware: Why is it happening and (how) is it going to end?

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Wed May 17 13:02:43 PDT 2017

On 05/17/2017 08:43 AM, Cecilia Tanaka wrote:
> On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 4:27 PM, Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:

>>> Sorry, Steven, I don't know, but already asked them.  Sincerely hope so.
>>
>> You _hope so_?
>>
>> Seriously?
>>
>> That's a horrible idea.
>
> I said " I hope so" because it's important discussing these subjects
> too.  The privacy is being attacked in the whole world, unfortunately.
> :(

I suppose that it's good to discuss the issue.

Still, saying "ending cryptocurrency (esp. bitcoin) privacy &
fungibility" is an extremely offensive thing to say on this list. What
we need is to discuss how to _protect_ cryptocurrency privacy and
fungibility.

> Hmm...  Did I understand wrongly Steven's question, Mirimir?  Remember
> my English is pretty limited yet and I don't want to attack the
> privacy, only to discuss it.  :P

Sorry, Cecilia. I'm just touchy about this stuff.