[WAR] Duterte backs down "war on drugs" as "UN Special Rapporteur" Agnes Callamard surprise visits

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Sat May 6 07:26:31 PDT 2017

> On May 6, 2017, at 6:39 AM, Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:
>
> Probably shoulda CCed the list.
>
> Our middle "Western" ground of "The War on Drugs" is an absolute,
> utter failure, if your intention is to reduce drug use and remove the
> incentives from the drug market.
>
> If your intention is to maximise profits, and create as many problems
> in society as possible so that people stay focused on shit, and don't
> have time nor energy to unite behind real problems, like almost
> completely undemocractic governments, extensive corporate violations
> of our humans rights, and the private banks, then The War on Drugs is
> the greatest invention since sliced bread.
>
> From this narrow perspective, almost ANYthing is better than the War
> On Drugs - whether the extreme of Duterte, or the liberal "sanity" as
> some view it of treating adults as adults, rather than treating all
> of society as children, and allowing individual humans to do as they
> choose, with regards to their own bodies (more below).

Wrong, WRONG you goddamn hypocrite. The extreme of Duterte is NOT better than the "war on drugs", it's merely the logical extension of the entire absurdity, taken to a fucking horrific level.

Obviously you understand drugs prohibition is an absurd outrage on human freedom and the cause of all the violence associated with "trafficking", as well as nearly all the problems associated with addiction, and everything that this spills down into. Why are you such an unabashed apologist for authoritarians?