What is the value of the State?

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Wed May 3 15:46:53 PDT 2017

On Wed, May 03, 2017 at 03:11:32PM +0000, \0xDynamite wrote:
> >> The solution, then, is a  META-state.  A system of order bigger and
> >> better than the State.
> >
> > 	Yes. How could we have missed such an obvious solution.
>
> Easy tiger.  Hopefully, the other posts clarify.  Obviously the State
> sucks, but it sucks because of THE PEOPLE, don't forget that.  And
> what is going to remain after the fall of the State?  THE PEOPLE.

Your conversation thus far generally --presumes the state as
useful--.

Yes humans like and want "order" and want to avoid "chaos".

That doesn't mean a The State is needed to achieve what we want. Or
at least not a state on current foundations and principles.

There's a simple and primary foundation upon which states might be
reasonable - absolute respect (i.e. in the context of a state, legal
protection for) the right to peaceful political protest and the right
to conscientious objection (to any law).

Some might say that if these two rights were absolute and sacrosanct,
we'd have "political anarchy", "direct democracy" or whatever you
want to call it.

I think what we need is better marketing - folks seem to keep
conflating anarchy with chaos, for some strange, unfathomable reason
- go figure ??

> > 	What's needed is  a META-STATE. with JESUS AS PRESIDENT and the
> > 	raving lunatic marko dynamite as VICE-PRESIDENT.
>
> Yer getting a little fringe here.  Take a chill pill, Dave.
>
> > 	And no, there's no need for 'congress' cause the 'laws' have
> > 	all already been written and they are in THE BIBLE.
>
> You're on a roll!
>
> > 	Last but not leat, the META-STATE will provide FREE homeopatic
> > 	mierdicine.
>
> Please, holistic medicine is already (relatively) FREE (because of the
> benefits it provides to all).  Holistically!  Sing with me.

I don't think singing will improve the situation, but living some
rights and demanding the courts uphold them might help improve the
"oh so democratic" foundations of our current The States.

Good luck,