Public discourse progressing - [ahrc at unsw.edu.au: Book launch: Cultural heritage and human rights | 15th May 2017 at 5pm]

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Tue May 2 01:08:00 PDT 2017

I cannot speak much to the "Australian Human Rights Centre", but
they're Aussies, so they're probably not all bad, and they're from a
University, so they're probably a bit bookish, which wouldn't bee too
foreign to most folks these days ...

What stands out is that "politically correct" public discourse is
evidently on the move, and I say (in this example at least), in a
good way, and in a good direction. By denying any part of our
reality, which includes our cultural/national heritage, we are
submitting ourselves to an artificial discourse, submitting ourselves
artificially to a denial of part of ourselves and our communities.

"The Left" has had a strong hold on the public discourse now for a
few decades indeed, and some would say to the result of some
distinctly negative consequences, incuding the inability to even
discuss certain topics ("did the holocaust actually happen, in
anything like what the typical belief/ hollywood projection is?"),
and with other discussions stilted, curtailed and altogether biased
in ways which are against our interests.

And so it is a good thing that some of these Politically Correct
strictures are being busted, and we begin to publicly discuss any
topic that individuals consider to be important.

If you consider this type of conversation important, then consider
forwarding this to those who might agree with you.

Regards,
Zenaan

----- Forwarded message from The Australian Human Rights Centre <ahrc at unsw.edu.au> -----