thepiratebay.org behind cloudflare

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Mon May 1 07:36:55 PDT 2017

On 04/30/2017 03:04 PM, juan wrote:

> 	...looks as if the whole 'internet' is already owned by
> 	cloudflare? It's mildly interesting because it shows that it's
> 	rather easy to route most of the world's traffic through a
> 	single system - contrary to all the bullshit about
> 	'decentralization' 'complexity' and whatnot.

A few years ago *someone* took an axe or some such to a fiber optic
bundle in the SF Bay area and killed the internet for all the bay area
south to Salinas. This is exactly what is NOT supposed to happen. Right?

I don't think there's been a decentralized Internet since AOL first
appeared. But it works... For them. Now days Warner, part of AOL Time
Warner, seems to sniff all torrent packets going through their portals
for Warner content and notifies downstream admins.

But about piratebay  https://twitter.com/ioerror/status/561583278319501313

Reddit (warning; thread title links to piratebay):
https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/2uaxqz/after_being_down_for_51_days_the_original_pirate/

BTW, the .org site is easliy reachable this morning from my location. I
had been using the .red mirror b/c the .org site was 'down' all the time.

Rr