[From offlist] Re: FBI Says It Can't Find Hackers to Hire Because They All Smoke Pot

\0xDynamite dreamingforward at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 09:51:27 PDT 2017

> On 03/26/2017 08:43 AM, \0xDynamite, an intellectual dynamo
>
>> NOT THAT IT MATTERS, but Prozac is in fact ananti-depressant.
>
> With:
>>
>>> You mean not that it matters, because you don't have a way to argue
>>> out of your own hole, so "repeat what I already said tactic here".
>
> Fact:
>>
>> The effectiveness of fluoxetine and other *antidepressants* in the
>> treatment of mild-to-moderate depression is controversial. A
>> meta-analysis published by Kirsch in 2008 suggests, in those with mild
>> or moderate symptoms, the efficacy of fluoxetine and other SSRIs is
>> clinically insignificant...

Clinically insignificant.... <sotto voce:> for treating depression...

> Lilly originally redacted a little bit in their study that showed a
> placebo, when given by a trusted health worker with the admonishment
> "Try this. It will help", worked as well as "Prozac" does.

Placebo worked equally well for prozac's use <sotto voce:> as an
anti-depressant...

>>     The researchers obtained data on all the clinical trials submitted
>> to the FDA ... They then used meta-analytic techniques to investigate
>> whether the initial severity of depression affected the HRSD [Hamilton
>> Rating Scale for Depression] improvement scores for the drug and
>> placebo groups in these trials. They confirmed first that the overall
>> effect of these new generation of antidepressants was below the
>> recommended criteria for clinical significance. Then they showed that
>> there was virtually no difference in the improvement scores for drug
>> and placebo in patients with moderate depression and only a small and
>> clinically insignificant difference among patients with very severe
>> depression.
>>
>> The difference in improvement between the *antidepressant* and placebo
>> reached clinical significance, however, in patients with initial HRSD
>> scores of more than 28—that is, in the most severely depressed patients.

There's a contradiction there.  It says it was clinically
insignificant in severe depression, and then says it reached clinical
significance in severe depression.  The researchers do not know how to
interpret their own results.  Sorry.  If you really care about these
issues, feel free to put them in touch with me.

>> Additional analyses indicated that the apparent clinical effectiveness
>> of the *antidepressants* among these most severely depressed patients
>> reflected a decreased responsiveness to placebo rather than an
>> increased responsiveness to *antidepressants*.

Just because you LABEL something "anti-X" doesn't make it anti-X.  Do
you understand?  The study is showing that it is not, in fact, an
anti-depressant even though it is labeled anti-depressant.  I was
referring to it's actions in the patient, not the label some doctors
have given it.

>> The press simplified it further. The MSNBC headline was
>> "*Antidepressants* may not help many patients". The Guardian
>> announced: "Prozac, used by 40m people, does not work say scientists".

As I said, you've proven my point:  Prozac is not an anti-depressant.

> Marijuana works to relieve what can only be described as "Social
> Anxiety" (which is Zoloft's target market btw, singling out women) for
> MANY people, unlike the so-called ANTIDEPRESSANT Prozac

>... and
> marijuana isn't even a drug. It's an herb, 'holistic boy'.

This is where pot smokers are completely and psychotically delusional.
It is an herb up to the point that you BURN it.  Just as any other
plant.  If I burn basil or cilantro IT IS NOT A HERB.

> Unless you
> think Comfrey, Sassafras, and the raft of other herbs you lernt about in
> assholistic skool are 'drugs' ... because they contain therapeutic
> ingredients.

Those are generally eaten raw, so they have the full benefit of the
orgnanism that created it.  Boiling has mixed and more complicated
reactions but isn't as severe as BURNING the SHIT OUT OF IT.  Have you
smelled your bowl?  Smells like death, doesn't it?

Now stop being idiots and help fix the world.

\0xd