the intercept - corporate US mouthpiece

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Sat Mar 25 09:13:34 PDT 2017

On 03/25/2017 08:40 AM, John Newman wrote:
>> On Mar 24, 2017, at 7:08 PM, juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> https://theintercept.com/2017/03/24/apple-says-it-fixed-cia-vulnerabilities-years-ago/
>>

>> for people who haven't been paying attention, the majority of articles
>> published by the intercept are garbage like the one linked above.
>>

>> one would think greenwald being the founder and editor has some kind of
>> responsibility for and control over  the government propaganda he
>> publishes.
>>

>> notice that the majority of comments on the article are rational and
>> hostile to that sort of content - yet the intercept doesn't give a fuck
>>
>> notice also that the 'progressive' 'lefty' intercept is actually a
>> mouthpice for the flagship of american fascist corporatism, apple inc.
>> Perhaps hardly surprising if one takes into account that the intercept
>> is owned by paypal inc.
>>

> It seems to me Greenwald & co. used the Snowden revelations for
> self-enrichment to a very large degree. I guess you can argue all
> day long about their intentions, but there is no doubt the Snowden
> shit has been a massive gravy train for the journalists involved….
>
> Not to say I would have stories put back in the bottle, obviously :P

I'd say the Snowden Papers put The_Intercept on the
continuation-of-publishing-viability 'gravy train' anyway. I haven't
seen what @ggreenwald's tax returns look like so I have no way of
judging his, or any of the staff's self-enrichment due to them.

This article
<http://frostsnow.com/glenn-greenwald-s-net-worth-is-8-5-billion-know-about-his-career-and-awards>
claims his net worth was $8.5 billion dollars in 2013, before the
Snowden papers fell in his lap, so it would seem he just doesn't need
the money that much to swing in his hammock down in Brasil, and he was
the founding partner of a law firm, not a cheap proposition, so his
wealth likely precedes his publishing career. Further, according to
Wikipedia he did his BA in Philosophy at GWU... NOT an inexpensive
school to take a non-career-path Baccalaureate, so it would seem wealth
was in the family before he ever had a career.

Rr