the intercept - corporate US mouthpiece

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Fri Mar 24 19:17:37 PDT 2017

On 03/24/2017 04:16 PM, Cari Machet wrote:

> He comes from corporate lawyer land

Constitutional Lawyer land after a stint as a partner in a corporate law
firm. The firm that pretty much invented the poison pill defense against
hostile takeovers that destroy ordinary shareholder value, and jobs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wachtell,_Lipton,_Rosen_%26_Katz

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Greenwald#Litigation_attorney

> Money

Someone give you your computer Free rent, and food? Or do you live in a
doorway and use the public terminals at libraries to post your spew?

> Scahill said when he was offered cash to start the shit he did no
> research about omidar and basically was like ok i will take your $

All that matters is whether the publisher butts out and allows the
editorial staff the freedom to decide.

Ps. One of the other partners in that corporate law firm did this:

> /A paper in September 2015 uncovered a similar advantage enjoyed by
> certain traders called The 8-K Trading Gap,[13] showing that company
> insiders traded their company's stock on the open market and profited
> doing so during the 4-day window between when market-moving
> information is known by company insiders and when they are required to
> disclose it to the public in an 8-K filing.[14]//
> ////
> //Other research by Jackson has demonstrated The Effects of Usury Laws
> on Higher-Risk Borrowers,[15] by showing that when usury laws became
> enforceable, credit issuance declined for higher-risk borrowers. The
> implications of this evidence became central during debate around the
> merits and risks of peer-to-peer lending platforms such as Lending
> Club,[16] /
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_J._Jackson_Jr.

Moral of story (and I hope it's not too complex for simple minds like
you and the Argentine troll to understand):

Not all corporate lawyers answer to corporations.

Rr