[From offlist] Re: FBI Says It Can't Find Hackers to Hire Because They All Smoke Pot

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Mon Mar 20 19:16:01 PDT 2017

Because anything worth saying to me offlist is worth putting on the
list, ESPECIALLY when it's trollbait.

On 03/20/2017 07:03 PM, \0xDynamite wrote:
> A person who smokes pot suggests someone who doesn't really care about
> excellence. They've stepped down from aiming high and have settled for
> being comfortable, much like a person who's done crack.  They'll argue
> that crack is a "serious" drug, but it's all the same:  escape.
>
> Reality too tough for you?
>
> \0x

YOU live in an altered reality far beyond anyone who pokes smot.

    Michael Bloomberg. Bloomberg is the founder, CEO, and owner of
Bloomberg L.P., the financial software, data, and media giant. As
three-term mayor of New York City, he presided over tens of thousands of
small-time pot busts, despite having famously answered a question about
smoking pot with: "You bet I did, and I enjoyed it." NORML used those
remarks as the basis for a full-page ad in the New York Times and ads on
city buses, prompting Bloomberg to say he regretted those remarks, and
that he was "a believer that we should enforce the laws, and I do not
think that decriminalizing marijuana is a good idea."

    Richard Branson. The afore-mentioned Branson not only wants to
invest in marijuana, he says he smokes it with his adult son. In a 2007
interview with GQ, he told Piers Morgan as much, saying father and son
had lit up during an Australian beach vacation. In that same interview,
Branson revealed that he had learned the art of joint-rolling from none
other than Rolling Stone Keith Richards, who should know how it's done.

    Hugh Hefner. The Playboy magazine founder and octogenarian serial
monogamist deserves kudos for being the first businessman to get behind
pot legalization, donating $5,000 to help found NORML in 1970. Hef is
still sticking to that position: “I don’t think there’s any question
that marijuana should be legalized because to not legalize it, we’re
paying the same price we paid for prohibition,” he said in 2010. But it
wasn't just politics; Hefner liked what pot did for him:  “Smoking
helped put me in touch with the realm of the senses,” he told Patrick
Anderson, author of High in America. “I discovered a whole other
dimension to sex.”

    Mark Johnson. Johnson may not be as well-known as some other names
on this list, but he is the CEO and founder of Descartes Labs, a New
Mexico-based tech company, and before that, he was CEO of Zite, a
Silicon Valley personalized news streaming company. Back in his Zite
days, he told Bloomberg News he was a full-on stoner, toking up day in
and day out, and that so many other tech workers were, too, that it was
not an issue. “People just don’t care,” Johnson said. "If you do, you
don’t need to hide it; and if you don’t, you accept that there are
people around you that do.” He also defended marijuana users'
productivity: “Pot is an extremely functional drug,” he said. “Coders
can code on it, writers can write on it.”

    Peter Lewis. Lewis was CEO of Progressive Insurance from the 1960s
to his retirement in 2000, and served as chairman until his death in
2013. He was also "a functioning pot head" who used weed for both fun
and relief from chronic pain from a leg amputation in 1998.
    John Sperling. The University of Phoenix CEO died last year at age
93, but not before publicly acknowledging that he smoked marijuana
manage the side effects of the treatment he received for prostate
cancer. He, Lewis, and George Soros were the original troika of
deep-pocketed marijuana reform businessmen; now only Soros is left,
although Lewis's estate continues to invest in legalization efforts.

    Oprah Winfrey. The iconic Oprah isn't on TV anymore, but she' worth
$3 billion and she's still the chairwoman and CEO of both Harpo
Productions and the Oprah Winfrey Network, where she's also CCO. She has
never staked out a position on marijuana legalization, but she has twice
said she smoked it, although not for a long time. She told "Watch What
Happens: Live" in 2013 that she had last smoked in 1982, and she told
"The Late Show With David Letterman" earlier this year that she hadn't
"smoked weed in 30 years."

    George Zimmer. The founder and recently ousted CEO of Men's
Wearhouse is an unabashed pot smoker, as well as a financial backer of
legalization efforts. Just a couple of weeks ago he told CNBC that he’s
“been smoking marijuana on a regular basis for about 50 years.” And he's
not take it easy after his 2013 firing, either: He has since gone on to
create online tuxedo rental and tailoring companies.

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/seven-successful-ceos-smoke-pot

Top 50:

1. Barack Obama

2. 2016 Presidential Hopefuls (?)

3. Oprah Winfrey

4. Bill Clinton

5. John Kerry

6. Stephen Colbert

7. Clarence Thomas

8. Katy Perry

9. LeBron James

10. Jay Z

11. Bill Gates

12. George Soros

13. Jon Stewart

14. Bill Maher

15. Rush Limbaugh (ROTF to take the edge of his oxy jones!)

16. Andrew Cuomo

17. Sanjay Gupta

18. George W. Bush

19. Seth MacFarlane

20. George Clooney

21. Lady Gaga

22. Ted Turner

23. Brad Pitt

24. Rihanna

25. Whoopi Goldberg

26. Morgan Freeman

27. Angelina Jolie

28. Conan O’Brien

29. Martha Stewart

30. Gov. John Hickenlooper (CO)

31. Gov. Charlie Baker (MA)

32. Tom Brokaw

33. Michael Bloomberg

34. Justin Timberlake

35. Aaron Sorkin

36. Glenn Beck

37. Al Gore

38. Matt Damon

39. Susan Sarandon

40. Madonna

41. Robert Downey Jr.

42. Phil Jackson

43. Rick Steves

44. Jennifer Lawrence

45. Miley Cyrus

46. Jennifer Aniston

47. Matthew McConaughey

48. Snoop Dogg

49. Hugh Hefner

50. Maureen Dowd

http://www.thecannabist.co/2015/08/26/famous-pot-smokers-mpp-list-2015/39859/

Oliver Stoned >
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/18/most-famous-marijuana-users_n_5160073.html

The list is pretty fucking endless if you count closeted users who can't
say because of job loss risk etc.