Ethereum: Now Owned by The Alliance

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 17 10:17:02 PDT 2017

 From: "Darrell Duane, DC Blockchain" <darrell at bitcoindc.com>

Well, I guess you are new here.      In 1995, I described what would be a "killer app" (both literally and figuratively!) for digital money.  See  https://cryptome.org/ap.htm  Google-search "Assassination Politics" or "Assassination Market".
Keep in mind that Nick Szabo   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Szabo   pointed out that "A sufficiently large market predicting an individual's death is also, necessarily, an assassination market."   A statement which follows directly from the AP essay.

>Yes, I too wonder if these behemoth's realize they are likely supporting their very undoing by supporting Ethereum.
The vast majority of them do not.  However, enough of them may believe that one way to stave off "the future" is to control the future.
>I very much want to see decentralization happen, and allow each of us to be sovereign individuals, that align briefly with one another as needed   to make stuff happen that corporations currently do, rather than large structures with concentrated power.
Don't just think about "corporations".  I think more about "governments".  Remove the authority granted to corporations by government, and competition will keep most of them honest.

              Jim Bell
>--Darrell

Darrell Duane
202 670 8728
darrell at bitcoindc.com
Skype:   darrell_duane
Twitter:  @DCBitcoin
http://bitcoindc.com
Blockchain Consulting

 From: grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com>
> http://entethalliance.org/

I have an, uh, very specific reason for paying attention to Ethereum.  When I see the various companies making up "The Alliance", I wonder if they will allow Ethereum to do...what I want it to do.
          Jim Bell