LBRY.io Mirrors UCB Videos on Blockchain

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Mar 16 21:02:53 PDT 2017

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 10:22:38PM -0500, Shawn K. Quinn wrote:
> On 03/16/2017 10:07 PM, grarpamp wrote:
> > https://lbry.io/news/20000-illegal-college-lectures-rescued
> > Today, the University of California at Berkeley has deleted 20,000
> > college lectures from its YouTube channel. Berkeley removed the
> > videos because of a lawsuit brought by two students from another
> > university under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
>
> Overall, I think the thought behind the ADA was well-intentioned.
>
> What happened is that Berkeley was sued under the ADA because some of
> the videos weren't captioned. Worse, this was legacy content left online
> after Berkeley decided not to add new content.
>
> This, to me, is a clear case of unintended consequences, and probably
> not what those who drafted the ADA had in mind.

Absolute, fscking hogwash!

Underpaid or compromised (((lawyers))) failed to state the bloody
obvious - you cannot compel performance. That's an age old common law
legal principal enshrined in all 'common law' and ex-English colonial
jurisdictions such as the USA!

For a few disabled folk to bring a University's entire historical video
library to censure, for legal grounds, means that the fundamental legal
grounds of sanity were not put forth, and or were otherwise ignored by
the courts and or the UCB lawyers.

This is the kind of consequence that (((disabled attention seekers)))
are only too happy to receive.

Some ridiculous corner case in some ridiculous cotton wool snowflake
statutory act was "enforced" by force of courts or UCB "we give up".

"Less fortunate" "underprivileged" "disabled" or "otherwise stupid"
folks are granted statutory right to be bullies with force of law,
against most of our community, all in the name of political correctness
and "muh disabled ass i gonna be underprivileged if ya don stop da world
for me now!"

Cite the original complaint, response and final rulings documents if you
want to insinuate this as "unintended consequences", otherwise, bullshit!

--
Certified deplorable shitlord anti-snowflake.
Ethnic nationalism FTW!