Opening AMD, and Exploiting Intel EFI, Random MACs, BTC

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sat Mar 11 02:51:44 PST 2017

Wow!

Another, bloody awesome, moment!

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 09:16:41PM -0500, grarpamp wrote:
> Libreboot calls on AMD to release source code and specs on new Ryzen platforms

I think the below speaks for itself:

> Recently in the Libreboot project, we've been informed about the
> new Ryzen platforms being released and sold by AMD. They are currently
> taking input from the community.

Namely this:

> https://it.slashdot.org/story/17/03/10/2110212/intel-security-releases-detection-tool-for-efi-rootkits-after-cia-leak

I'm pretty sure AMD has that second brain cell - seize the day already
AMD - this one's not hard to figure out yo!

:D

(For the slow to catch on, something about Intel, proprietary efi
rootkit fallout, and FLOSS code sanity, combined with marketing of
self explanatory and more and more widely known security benefits
of FLOSS, for some reason springs to mind - no idea why, the thought
just randomly presented itself I guess... who could think of it??)

> Here are ways you can contact AMD
> to tell them that you demand libre hardware:
>
> https://twitter.com/amd
> https://www.facebook.com/AMD/
> https://community.amd.com/places
> https://www.amd.com/en-us/who-we-are/contact
> https://twitter.com/LisaSu
> ceo: lisa.su at amd.com
> chairman: john.caldwell at amd.com
>

> And....
>
> https://www.sec.gov/rules/sro/batsbzx/2017/34-80206.pdf
> Order Disapproving ... the Winklevoss Bitcoin Trust

grarpamp, you are ever a credit to the list. Thank you very much.