Fully FOSS Tails-like OS

parazyd parazyd at dyne.org
Thu Mar 9 14:37:22 PST 2017

On Thu, 09 Mar 2017, Spencer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I will use this list since I cannot lurk your list at:
> https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/list/heads.en.html

I'll try to enable lurker tomorrow.

> > parazyd:
> > I wanted to announce heads (https://heads.dyne.org)
> >

> Sweet!  I was just fudging Alpine to be Tails-like but this is less work
> for me!!!
>

> > basic workflow concepts from Tails
> >

> What do you mean by "workflow"?

Perhaps a poor choice of wording. I had the torification in mind...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luther_Blissett_%28nom_de_plume%29

> + User specified administrative account passphrase, and option to have
> no account at all.
> + Heads provided passphrase did not grant root.  sudo fails.

sudo is not enabled for luther except in the case of tomb(1). Use 'su'
Also see this screencast: https://heads.dyne.org/heads-short.webm
(note on how to change the root password to something easier)

> + Mate did not load.  I guessed at 'startmate'.

MATE is not included in this 0.0 release. And I'm even contemplating
whether not to include it all in future releases. AwesomeWM is doing its
job well and if I add a few more features it will be quite usable for
everyone. Also helps me to avoid policykit and consolekit crap.

> I have more thoughts but I will keep playing with it.  Thanks!

Let me know :)

--
~ parazyd
GPG: 0333 7671 FDE7 5BB6 A85E  C91F B876 CB44 FA1B 0274