Long, but very good: About Anti-Fascists and Anarchism

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Fri Mar 3 22:37:23 PST 2017

On 3/4/2017 3:20 PM, Jason McVetta wrote:
> Leftist = Rightist = Centrist = totalitarian capitalist
>
> C'mon folks, the tired left vs right narrative has almost zero power to
> explain real politics. Everytime you play along and use those bogus
> terms, you obscure your own position and make the public discourse
> stupider.

Politics is tribal. Sometimes apt to devolve into gang warfare.

We are now in a situation where devolution into gang warfare seems likely.

Consider Apple, now run by Cook, because he is gay.  Cook is
incompetent.  Consider, for example, the Apple watch.  If you buy an
Apple watch, no one can tell that your watch comes from Apple.  So Apple
is now leaking coolness.  Buying apple products no longer make you cool.

He got his job, regardless of competence, because social justice
warriors stick together.  So Tribe A is stealing all the loot from Tribe
B.  Social Justice Warriors get paid for being social Justice Warriors.

This creates an increasing risk that Tribe A and tribe B will come to blows.

And it does not matter much that we call Tribe A commies and Tribe B
fascists, because when the shooting starts, no one will remember their
respective ideologies.