Scientists Just Confirmed The Hottest Day In Antarctica

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Wed Mar 1 16:01:10 PST 2017

On 3/2/2017 9:41 AM, Cecilia Tanaka wrote:
> #  Scientists Just Confirmed The Hottest Day In Antarctica
>
> https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/scientists-just-confirmed-the-hottest-day-in-antarctica
>
> #  Maps Show Where Americans Care about Climate Change.
>
> https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/maps-show-where-americans-care-about-climate-change/

Surface thermometers are not an accurate measure of global warming,
because they tend to be close to human habitation, and therefore the
*local* environment is getting warmer.

Also weather stations keep getting shut down from time to time, and new
weather stations pop up from time to time, resulting in the need for
guesswork and ad hoc corrections to stitch together results from
different weather stations.

Also, somehow, not every weather station is included, and warmists have
a notorious tendency to somehow leave out weather stations that are
getting colder - which is pretty much every unmanned weather station in
Antarctica.

Also, warmists have a notorious tendency to make ad hoc and unexplained
"corrections" to weather stations that give inconvenient results, as for
example:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/12/08/the-smoking-gun-at-darwin-zero/

Bottom line:  The people whose data you are relying on have been caught
lying before.

In the case of Antarctica, they are not exactly lying, rather they are
cherry picking their weather stations to get the result that they want.

But in the case of Australia, we caught them just plain lying barefaced.