Kafka on the GateKeepers

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 22:22:07 PDT 2017

On Sat, 1 Apr 2017 15:54:04 +1100
Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 09:26:41PM -0700, Razer wrote:
> >

> > On 03/31/2017 06:36 PM, juan wrote:

> > > 	I wonder what he meant by "law" - actually what's the
> > > original word in german?
> > >

> > Google translate shows multiple definitions all having legal
> > implications:
>
> Of which word?

	gesetz

	Cecilia kindly provided the original text here

	http://www.cordula.ws/stories/kafkalawde.html

	looks like one common meaning/translation as rayzer said would
	be act/bill, but I don't think that's the one Kafka intended.

	The text made me think of somebody wanting to enter "law
	school" or wanting to become a lawyer but I doubt that's what
	he meant either.

	I suppose the meaning could be cryptic, surreal or...kafkaesque
	after all.