How to make Cypherpunks a Safe Space - aka, the art of the feels

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Mar 26 18:23:25 PDT 2017

So I'm just your average snowflake, incapable of receiving any challenge
to any unreasoned thought I spout without instant reactivity and a shit
tonne of F-bombs, so fragile that I melt into drop (make that 1/10th of
a drop) of water at the pre-thought hint of a verbal flame fest, I self
medicate on a daily (oh all right, hourly) basis since I'm so damaged by
the system/state/the-man that it's just, you know, hard to cope with my
life and all the emotional pain of having feelings and worse, having to
read so many people who DISAGREE WITH ME.

This is not ok! It's just not safe for my fragile feels (which I try
to chemically suppress at every opportunity).

SO, I have discovered the answer, it's a 12-step process so should be
straightforward even after a dozen tokes:

1. I acknowledge that there are dangerous thinking pepes out there who
   occasionally disagree with me.

2. Worse, there are really vicious folk who have opinions and feelings
   which are flat out wrong! For healing and winning, those morons
   really need to be seen for who they are!

3. Learn how to attack in response, preferably pre-emptively to let the
   attacker expressing their counter-thought know that I'm on to them!
   This step is really important, without verbal attacking, strongly,
   repeatedly, and in as many creative ways as I can conceive, I am not
   worthy of my feelings, and someone else who reads the conversation
   might think I lost the argument.

4. If the attacker triggers my feels, I always double down with some
   F-bombs and other strong, powerful words which really get the message
   across - there's no point exposing myself to such a fate which is
   worse than death.

5. If the attacker still doesn't stop sending emails disagreeing with
   me or disagreeing with my feelings, threaten to kill-file their email
   address, to REALLY send them the message that I am NOT messing around
   here!

6. Repeat steps 3 to 5 a few times, especially number 5, since that
   sends a really strong message when you keep saying it.

7. THE ULTIMATE KEY - it's really important to never respond to what the
   other person says, only to reinforce what I've originally said, or
   drop a few more F-bmobs. Responding to what the other person says is
   weakness and must be avoided religiously.

8. THE MOST IMPORTANT KEY - one must never, under any circumstances,
   agree with the other person, not even on a small point, because
   agreement is weakness. I can't emphasize this one enough.

9. THE BIGGEST KEY - is of course to actually kill file the person who
   persists in disagreeing with me. Then my feels should be reasonably
   safe from their differing opinions and especially from any facts or
   logical inconsistencies they may have pointed out.
   Actual kill-filing is a great end to a long debate, because everyone
   watching knows that you've really won the debate and put this person
   in their place!

10. When all else fails, pack another bong and light up.

Have a feels-safe-space, snowflake filled day y'all,
Zenaan