[From offlist] Re: FBI Says It Can't Find Hackers to Hire Because They All Smoke Pot

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Mar 26 16:46:50 PDT 2017

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 12:51:27PM -0400, \0xDynamite wrote:
> > On 03/26/2017 08:43 AM, \0xDynamite, an intellectual dynamo
> >
> >> NOT THAT IT MATTERS, but Prozac is in fact ananti-depressant.
> >
> > With:

> > Fact:
> >>
> >> The effectiveness of fluoxetine and other *antidepressants* in the
> >> treatment of mild-to-moderate depression is controversial. A
> >> meta-analysis published by Kirsch in 2008 suggests, in those with mild
> >> or moderate symptoms, the efficacy of fluoxetine and other SSRIs is
> >> clinically insignificant...
>
> Clinically insignificant.... <sotto voce:> for treating depression...
>
> > Lilly originally redacted a little bit in their study that showed a
> > placebo, when given by a trusted health worker with the admonishment
> > "Try this. It will help", worked as well as "Prozac" does.
>
> Placebo worked equally well for prozac's use <sotto voce:> as an
> anti-depressant...

Gold!

You could be a stand up comedian you know.

Of course, you could be whatever you want, since you comprehend a few
basic facts like "I didn't create my body" "I am not my body" and
"there's really no need to take opposing views (or random interjected
F-bombs) personally" - my, what strange and alien thoughts you have ..

> >> Additional analyses indicated that the apparent clinical effectiveness
> >> of the *antidepressants* among these most severely depressed patients
> >> reflected a decreased responsiveness to placebo rather than an
> >> increased responsiveness to *antidepressants*.
>
> Just because you LABEL something "anti-X" doesn't make it anti-X.

Oh come on! Surely you can't be serious about logical discussion - you
must be new around here?

> Do
> you understand?  The study is showing that it is not, in fact, an
> anti-depressant even though it is labeled anti-depressant.  I was
> referring to it's actions in the patient, not the label some doctors
> have given it.

My god! Next thing you'll be telling us you're mostly only into
-applied- crypto and not theoretical but unusable crypto. Pff!

> >... and
> > marijuana isn't even a drug. It's an herb, 'holistic boy'.
>
> This is where pot smokers are completely and psychotically delusional.
> It is an herb up to the point that you BURN it.  Just as any other
> plant.  If I burn basil or cilantro IT IS NOT A HERB.

Now this is a new thought - what would you call a burnt herb? (I didn't
do chemistry.)