[From offlist] Re: FBI Says It Can't Find Hackers to Hire Because They All Smoke Pot

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Sun Mar 26 09:21:09 PDT 2017

On 03/26/2017 08:43 AM, \0xDynamite, an intellectual 'hole' into which
people throw their time responding, repied to John Newman's factual
statement:

> NOT THAT IT MATTERS, but Prozac is in fact ananti-depressant.

With:

>> You mean not that it matters, because you don't have a way to argue
>> out of your own hole, so "repeat what I already said tactic here".

Fact:

> The effectiveness of fluoxetine and other *antidepressants* in the
> treatment of mild-to-moderate depression is controversial. A
> meta-analysis published by Kirsch in 2008 suggests, in those with mild
> or moderate symptoms, the efficacy of fluoxetine and other SSRIs is
> clinically insignificant...

Lilly originally redacted a little bit in their study that showed a
placebo, when given by a trusted health worker with the admonishment
"Try this. It will help", worked as well as "Prozac" does.

> A paper on *antidepressants* by Kirsch and co-authors published last
> month in PLoS Medicine has received a lot of attention. The
> antidepressants studied are the six most widely prescribed approved
> between 1987 and 1999: Prozac, Paxil, Effexor, Serzone, Zoloft, and
> Celexa.
>
> The Editors' Summary explains:
>
>     The researchers obtained data on all the clinical trials submitted
> to the FDA ... They then used meta-analytic techniques to investigate
> whether the initial severity of depression affected the HRSD [Hamilton
> Rating Scale for Depression] improvement scores for the drug and
> placebo groups in these trials. They confirmed first that the overall
> effect of these new generation of antidepressants was below the
> recommended criteria for clinical significance. Then they showed that
> there was virtually no difference in the improvement scores for drug
> and placebo in patients with moderate depression and only a small and
> clinically insignificant difference among patients with very severe
> depression.
>
> The difference in improvement between the *antidepressant* and placebo
> reached clinical significance, however, in patients with initial HRSD
> scores of more than 28—that is, in the most severely depressed patients.
>
> Additional analyses indicated that the apparent clinical effectiveness
> of the *antidepressants* among these most severely depressed patients
> reflected a decreased responsiveness to placebo rather than an
> increased responsiveness to *antidepressants*.
>
> The press simplified it further. The MSNBC headline was
> "*Antidepressants* may not help many patients". The Guardian
> announced: "Prozac, used by 40m people, does not work say scientists".

In Full, with charts, graphs, and statistical analyses:
http://logbase2.blogspot.com/2008/03/upping-anti-depressant.html

Marijuana works to relieve what can only be described as "Social
Anxiety" (which is Zoloft's target market btw, singling out women) for
MANY people, unlike the so-called ANTIDEPRESSANT Prozac ... and
marijuana isn't even a drug. It's an herb, 'holistic boy'. Unless you
think Comfrey, Sassafras, and the raft of other herbs you lernt about in
assholistic skool are 'drugs' ... because they contain therapeutic
ingredients.

That said, "\0xDynamite" added to my spamcan list.

Rr