[From offlist] Re: FBI Says It Can't Find Hackers to Hire Because They All Smoke Pot

\0xDynamite dreamingforward at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 17:20:39 PDT 2017

Great, an oppurtunity to train the cyberPUNKS on the list about
health.  Forewarning, I am a Doctor of Holistic Health.  That is
equivalent to the best M.D. whether brain surgeon or otherwise.  I am
also published in the domain of cipher algorithms (CRYPTOLOGIA, 1993).

On 3/25/17, John Newman <jnn at synfin.org> wrote:

>> > No, nuff not said ;).  Life is not about working 24 hours
>> > a day,
>>
>> Never said otherwise.
>>
>> >  and comparing pot to prozac is silly.
>>
>> It's not silly, both "take the edge off" (mild sedatives) and
>> practitioners believe it's harmless.
>
> Prozac is not a "mild sedative". It's an SSRI (Selective serotonin
> reuptake inhibitor), very similar to a whole bunch of other
> anti-depressants, but not at all similar, in any way, to pot.

So you're being "retarded" (inhibited) somehow?  Hmm, I doubt you have
sufficient scientific credentials to be argueing on this, but hey,
it's your reputation.

So you are saying that Prozac is an anti-depressant?  No, not really.
it is an anti-psychotic.  Wellbutrin and Zoloft are classified as
anti-depressents.  The fact that some people feel "happier" on Prozac
is a complex result of a very pathological society and the exreme drug
interactions happening at the collective soul.  I think you, like the
fucking Establishment, are severely confused about mental health and
you shouldn't be opening up your fucking mouth, if all you can do is
parrot the Establishment like an ape.

> The comparison _is_ silly. It's apples and oranges - they're both
> fruit, but the similarity ends there.

The comparison was a direct counter-response to the claim that "pot is
harmless".  Whether it's apples and oranges is irrelevant.  Why don't
you just admit that you're interested in the political battle of pot
legalization rather than try to be a doctor?  Like your friend "Dr.
Carl Hart" who wants to "educate" me without bothering to ask me what
I already know.

>> > It's great that you're
>> > straight-edge, how fashionable,
>>
>> It's not fashionable, it's healthy.  I shouldn't of used the
>> fashionable term.  I was answering your claim that I'm a pill-popper
>> or an alcohol drinker, and the answer is: no.
>
> My claim of what? Umm.. check your email man.

Not your claim, Razer's I believe was.  Please "check your email man".

> I take you at your word
> that you are "straight-edge" (although I'm sure you have no problem
> taking an aspirin if you have a headache or taking whatever meds a
> doctor might prescribe if you are ill). The fact that you seem to think
> I called you a pill-popper just goes to show: it doesn't take weed (or
> pills) to fuck with your memory :P

No, I don't pop aspirin, nor would I trust a fucking doctor of this
fucked up establishment to prescribe something to me.  Why do you
think America acts insane?  It can presently be diagnose with several
pathologies listed in the DSM.  The fact that it hasn't been taken
down for the protection of it's own values and to cease being a
"danger to others" is a consequence of people like you who wants to
keep the bullshit going fullsteam ahead while you sit back and enjoy a
toke for YOUR "health and well-being".

> For that matter, marijuana has finally and fairly quickly begun to
> be acknowledged as having legit medical benefits in the US, by the
> "authorities" (who I clearly give a big 'fuck you' to, but anyway).

Yeah, obvously.  (Pshaw and *PUKE*) (Sarcasm intended.)

> There are some cases where it is the only medication without
> significant side effects that controls seizures...

People have seizures because they've been lied to and their body is
now fighting itself.

> and other cases
> where patients find it vastly preferable for treatment of painful
> conditions as opposed to long term prescribed opiates, which are
> of course extremely addictive, potentially dangerous, and can have
> a powerful "high" that some people simply do not like.

Just like America to believe that pain is something to wish away,
though, isn't?  "Here, take two of these... <g>"

> Too sedating,
> too "strong", in comparison with marijuana. I presume you wouldn't
> be so quick to judge people who partake of the plant if they simply
> have a piece of paper from a higher authority that says they need
> it?

See, once again, you (without explicitly stating it) are SUCKING THE
COCK of the medical establishment here.  You, without stating it
again, are afraid of YOUR health and will RUN to the doctor if shit
hits the fan and are too scared to sit it out. (broken bones and
dermis, excepted in this critique).

>> >but don't pass judgement on
>> > other people, about things of which you admittedly have no
>> > interest or experience.
>>
>> So, you don't pass judgement?  How about yoru leaders, capitialists,
>> hmm?  You're logically inconsistent, I suspect.
>
> I don't pass judgment on someone's personal choices, no. Passing
> judgment on the actions of someone that has a direct negative
> consequence for others, like judging a murderer or a thief to be a
> piece of shit, or a politician who leads a nation into a war to
> be just a bigger piece of the same type of shit, is completely
> different than passing judgment on someone's personal choices.

Oh really?  And how about when their "personal choices" mean that
intelligent people with time on their hands AREN'T GETTING ANYTHING
DONE on their own person WISHLIST?  (like travel the world, or make
world peace -- do pot smokers have no life whatsoever that they wish
to create other than being a fucking deadbeat American?)

> Judging someone for smoking pot is like judging someone for being
> gay - it's absurd. What you suspect about me is wrong.

I my God, you like EVERY LIBERAL, are fucking confused on the topic of
homosexuality.  So don't even go there, unless you think you are one.
Because *I*, have been there.  I know far more about it than most
homosexuals.

>> > Making the broad claim that "shit doesn't get done" because
>> > of... marijuana... well, it's enough to crack me up, and my
>> > thc blood levels are just about zero right now.
>>
>> All I know is that there are a lot of pot-smoking couch-activists.
>> But, hey, maybe, you're in a holding pattern like me, and simply have
>> to wait it out.  In your case, becuase you don't know what the fuck to
>> do, in mine, because everyone else thought THEY did.
>
> Anecdotes are nice, but they're just anecdotes, and in this case
> from someone who obviously considers themselves superior because
> they are "straight-edge".

Chill out man.  You feel inferior.  It's okay.  Don't cover it up with
bullshit -- I had enough of my share of sugar-coated pieces of dogshit
and can now recognize it from miles away.

> There are plenty of people that get all
> sorts of shit done who smoke marijuana,

Okay.  Kinda of like how capitalists think they get a lot of shit done.

> just as there are plenty
> of people that get nothing done who are "straight-edge". It is not
> the defining characteristic you seem to think, and to judge someone
> based solely on that trait is being judgmental, and having a closed
> mind. A condition that the occasional indulgence in pot (or other
> entheogens) could actually help you with, actually ;)

My mind is only as closed so as not to get infected with deadbeats and
open enough to let every truth in to form a synthesis that can fix
this planet -- whether religion vs. science or nature vs. capitalism.
I doubt you can claim that.  Straight edge is a by-product of that.

> John

\0xD