Rojava - Kurdistan - Assyrians - Neo-colonial use of "alien forefathers" conspiracies

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Mar 23 15:58:27 PDT 2017

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 05:00:39PM +0000, MAGA wrote:
> > Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
> > Fri Mar 17 15:27:00 PDT 2017
> >
> > exist in a thousand other places
> > will be utterly drowned out by all
>
> So yur a quitter, ay.

Why would I do something which has no benefit?

Why would I do something that is worse than not doing it?

Repeating myself is probably not useful, and you didn't respond the
first time I wrote these things and gave my own reasoning, but perhaps
the following summary makes more sense?

   Those who don't care, are uneducatable, and will receive no benefit
   from having to manually reassemble links.

   Those who do care, either already upgraded their apps/ security, or
   are receptive to education, and will be irritated by having to
   manually reassemble links - everyone on the cypherpunks list is
   expected to be willing to learn about computer security at the very
   least, and in general is assumed to have at least some knowledge, or
   else to present their questions. Those who "just land here 'cause
   someone said it was cool" learn pretty quick.

   Those I care about, I educate.

On this list, broken links are worse than unbroken links.

> > cp archives
>
> Delete this.

Here they are:
https://lists.cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks/

Administrator would have to be asked, he would bounce the request to the
list, and a few folk would vehemently object, I'm sure.

> > If we put a warning next to every link
>
> Confirmed Mykrosift employee.

As another example, you could ask the list administrator to customize
the list code, to auto put a warning next to every link that comes
through in an email.

- this would be much more fool proof than expecting email authors to do
  it, and sometimes they forget (we're humans...)
- this would be objected to since signed emails would be broken - the
  digital signatures would no longer be verifiable.

But there are many assumptions in your responses to me, and taking one
"If..." sentence out of context, without any meaningful response to the
context, is getting tiring.

If you disagree with my position, I don't understand the substance, the
why, the reasoning behind why you say breaking links in emails to this
email list, is a good thing to do.

I tried to infer that you mean "it's more secure" or something, but
even that's just an assumption on my part, just me inferring your
unspoken reasoning.

I've been assuming good intention so far, but to have my reasoning
ignored and not responded to, and one hypothetical taken out of context,
is disappointing.

Broken links are less than useful, provide a negative benefit,
especially on this email mailing list.

Put up your reasoning, or stop trolling please..